Sinclair Technologies, a division of Norsat International, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of antennas, RF signal conditioning products, systems, and coverage solutions. Sinclair products are used extensively in public safety and private industry communication networks, such as emergency services (police, fire, ambulance and military), transportation, natural resources, and utilities. We have over 60 years industry-leading expertise in all aspects of antenna and RF signal conditioning design and manufacturing. With a strong focus on R&D, we continue to expand our product offerings and offer industry-leading technical solutions. We have offices in Canada and the United States.
Department: Materials and Planning
Reports to: Department Manager
Position Type: 6 – 12 month contract with potential of becoming full time
Location: Aurora, ON
You will be responsible for receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock to manufacturing teams as requested, inventory and other items using the corporate ERP system. Incoming product is to be properly identified and physically stored in proper locations. Manage the physical inventory while keeping the stockroom well organized and clean. Work together with the team and also be the backup during vacation times.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, locations or in bins according to organizational standards
- Enter receiving and incoming goods into the company ERP system.
- Follow Sinclair ISO procedures including FIFO stock rotation.
- Labeling products and items to be received.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Perform assigned tasks as required.
- Strong verbal, written and spoken communication skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic numerical ability (counting, addition, multiplication).
- Mechanically inclined: able to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to use pump truck
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Valid forklift driver’s license is a plus
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Stockroom Clerk (JB226)”
- Cover letter (optional)
We will accommodate candidate’s accessibility needs, on request, during all aspects of the selection process.
No recruiters please.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
We have been made aware that someone has been posing (via email) as a representative of Sinclair and offering job seekers employment. Please note that Sinclair Technologies, a division of Norsat International Inc, uses only one domain for communication: @norsat.com. All other domain names are not affiliated with Sinclair. If there are concerns over the legitimacy of your employment offer or correspondence with Sinclair, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org